In this fast paced and smart world, who would not want to have a card and carry huge amount of cash when going to shop for anything out there to market. People have really become accustomed to be using the plastic money rather than the paper money.
Majorly two types of cards are available through which you can pay for various goods and services without paying out those dollar bills. These are debit cards and credit cards; here we will be giving you tips for getting your card.
Debit cards are connected to your existing bank accounts and you can mostly buy stuff worth the balance on your account. Now, coming to the tips for getting your card, here we go:
1. Firstly you will need to open bank account with which you will get your debit card, right after all the modalities of opening the account have been finalized.
2. You will need your personal information, social security number, driver’s license, information about your job and a valid e-mail id, to be able to open a savings account in the bank.
3. Fill out the application form for the account, and choose to have a debit card along with your account.
4. Once all your information is verified and your application is approved you will get your debit card.
5. Activate you card by choosing a PIN, make sure that you choose a number which cannot be guessed easily by anyone.
Credit cards are like a loan you take from the bank. You will be charged interest rate and late fees on them. Tips to get your credit card:
1. You may have an offer in mailbox or e-mail if your credit ratings are good, and in this case you can straight away go to the bank or credit companies.
2. If you do not have any such offers, go to the bank or a credit company and ask for a credit card account to be opened.
3. Compare the interest rates, late fees for different credit cards from different banks and decide on which one you need. Fill out the application form.
4. If this is your first credit card, then go for a secured credit card. Here you will be required to deposit some security amount, and the bank may take it in case you default on your payments.
5. Read the documents carefully and then sign for it. After you have acquired a credit card, be cautious in using it, you do would not want get caught in the wrong light while spending and then later not being able to pay that amount at the end of the month.
Image credit: cdn.theatlantic.com/